Last Chair Music Festival

Those not taking advantage of last chair at Squaw Valley Ski Resort over the holiday break had the chance to experience the Last Chair Music Festival Jan. 4-5 and 11-12. Featuring headlining DJ sets from Passion Pit, LETTUCE,  Foster the People and Bonobo the Last Chair Music Festival was a chance for Squaw Valley to grow as a music venue during the winter season.

“The festival was a huge success in terms of establishing ourselves as a top notch music venue with the ability to pull big name acts. We are currently in the process of looking at ways to improve the festival if we choose to do it again,” said Amelia Richmond, Public Relations Manager of Squaw Valley.

The Eagle’s Eye was curious to see what the excitement was about so we dropped in for the second weekend to experience it ourselves.

Friday, Jan. 11

North Lake Tahoe local Gurbtron, known by day as Andrew Posada warmed up the crowd with his mix of hip-hop and trap beats.

Eliot Lipp rocked the crowd with a blend of beats inspired from jazz fusion, folk and techno mixes.

Cubbie Fink and Mark Pontius of the indie-rock group Foster the People closed the night with a live DJ set.

Saturday, Jan. 12

After another opening set from Gurbtron, Emancipator, joined by violinist  Ilya Goldberg played to a sold out crowd of 800 people.

British DJ Bonobo kept the crowd moving late into the night with heavy bass lines and a wide variety of samples.

The success of the Last Chair Music Festival  opened the doors for plans to host more music events during the winter season said Richmond.

Photos by: Jake Pollock