SnowGlobe 2012: NYE Finale

It was another sold out night for New Years Eve at SnowGlobe Music Festival Dec. 31 in South Lake Tahoe, Calif. The night began with sets from Con Bro Chill, Clicks and Whistles and Ana Sia and extended into 2013 with a rowdy set from Montreal based electrofunk group Chromeo.

Royal Teeth, an indie-pop group from Louisiana rocked the Main Stage with light dance jams including a few from their new EP “Act Naturally”

Many fans of Zion-I were turned away after the crowd quickly outgrew the capacity of the Stage. Some attempted to catch a glimpse of the hip-hop artist from outside, but it was difficult to hear the set over the sounds of Nobody Beats the Drum and Policia from across the venue.

On the Main Stage, Policia from Minnesota had the crowd dancing to their soft indie-rock style of music featuring sultry female vocals.

Gramatik played to a full house in the Sierra Tent combining catchy beats with soulful blues tracks.

Heavy dubstep beats commanded a pulsing crowd from Laidback Luke on the Main Stage. As the clock ticked closer to midnight people began trickling from across the venue towards the Main Stage.

By the time the evening’s headliner  Chromeo took the stage the audience had filled the surrounding area. Just when everyone really began to show off their fancy footwork

“Black out the stage.”

Happy New Year!

Look for a full re-cap of SnowGlobe 2012 with artists, athletes, vendors and event organizers in our print issue on stands Jan. 29.

Photos By: Jake Pollock

See day one and day two of SnowGlobe 2012.