SnowGlobe 2012: Day Two

A solid line up of bass heavy DJs rocked all three stages Dec. 30 at SnowGlobe Music Festival in South Lake Tahoe, Calif.  San Francisco artist MiMOSA shook the neighborhood and lit the the crowd from the Main Stage. Obscured by an impressive light show that at times gave the impression of an empty stage, MiMOSA’s set featured a wide variety of experimental beats.

The young gun from France, 18-year-old producer Madeon followed MiMOSA with a set the kept the crowd alive and moving.

Clear skies and temperatures hovering in the single digits allowed for an impressive showcase from Tahoe’s local skiing and riding talent including Sierra Nevada College students Kyle Smaine (seen above), and Ty Dayberry.

Tahoe Fire Dancers kept warm between sets by lighting up the big air venue with their intricately choreographed performances.

Despite frigid weather the venue sold out in time for the headlining set from recent Grammy nomineeDeadmau5 who tore through a crowd pleasing set including “Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff” and a remix of Rage Against the Machine’s 1992 hit song “Killing in the Name” SnowGlobe organizers later announced via Twitter that it was the largest crowd in the events two year history.

Festival attendees overall were pleased with changes made to the shuttle schedule from the previous  night as it resulted in a smoother experience. Those who still had to wait were treated to free coffee and hot lemonade.

Photos by: Jake Pollock

See highlights from Day One and New Years Eve at SnowGlobe 2012