SnowGlobe 2012: Day One

Crowd

Freezing temperatures and winter weather didn’t stop a hearty crowd from getting down at the first night of SnowGlobe Music Festival Dec. 29 in South Lake Tahoe, Calif. Fresh snow fell most of the night creating a fitting atmosphere. Unfortunately, the weather caused complications for shuttle systems and warranted complaints from a number of festival attendees. Organizers are working to create a smoother experience for tonight’s shuttle users.

BGWebFinal

Transportation woes were soon forgotten in favor of loud bass and fast beats. Big Gigantic from Boulder, Colo. rocked the main stage with searing saxophone solos and live percussion backed with Dubstep beats.

BA2Web

Celebrating the release of their new album, Contraption Vol. 1  the experimental world fusion trio Beats Antique kept the crowd moving with their blend of modern technology and live instrumentation. A history of world travel from producers David Satori and Tommy Cappel combined with live percussion and a variety of string instruments and topped off with a performance from dancer and percussionist Zoe Jakes provided a diverse visual and audio experience.

BigAirJumpWeb

Due to the weather, the night’s big air event was put on hold.

MinWebFinal

Dubstep artist, Minnesota from Santa Cruz, Calif. Played to a full house in the Sierra Tent.

SG2012WizWeb

Wiz Khalifa closed out the night on the main stage performing a high energy set including “Black and Yellow” and “On My Level”

Photos By: Jake Pollock

See day two with MiMOSA, Madeon and Deadmau5.

New Years Eve with Zion-I, Gramatik and Chromeo